Rec1

Monday 23 May 2016

windshield fluid to the power steering fluid reservoir

windshield fluid to the power steering fluid reservoir


I accidentally added a very small amount of windshield fluid to the power steering fluid reservoir (a tea spoon amount maybe since the reservoir was full) of a 2015 Nissan Murano. I've never started the engine and I took whatever I could take out from the reservoir. What I should do next? Many thanks.

If you got fluid out straight away it wont sink that quickly
if you didnt start and you drained reservoir straight away i would just top up with correct fluid you should be fine.If not then drain the reservoir  completely? Use a turkey basket pump to take out whatever was able to take out and it will not be too much (about 30-50 ml?). 

How much fluid I was suppose to drain out? After that just top up now with power steering fluid.


But if you wait for some time then complete drain out is required,because windshield fluid (water and alcohol) is heavier than power steering fluid (oil?) and it will go down to the system and mix and mess up the system and you may need a power steering fluid flush. 



No comments:

Post a Comment